Get code into your classroom – join the EU Code Week Bootcamp!
Hey teachers! Are you looking for ways to introduce coding into your classroom but not sure where to start? The EU Code Week Bootcamp online course is just what you need. The Bootcamp will give teachers, from pre-primary to secondary level in Europe and beyond, the skills they need to take their first steps as digital creators. Whether you want to teach coding or computational thinking in your classroom, this free-to-access course is an excellent opportunity for you to develop the skills you need to get your pupils coding. Interested? Then register here!
Teachers like you are always eager to implement new teaching practices, particularly ones that make sense in the digital age. To support these ambitions, EU Code Week Bootcamp offers an excellent opportunity to learn how to implement coding and programming in the classroom, while allowing teachers to interact with other innovative educators.
The course is open to all teachers in Europe, regardless of the subject they teach, and offers practical ideas, tools and resources to help them bring coding and computational thinking into the classroom. They can follow the course at their own pace, with one module being opened at the beginning of each week.
The online course is an opportunity to:
- Explore the EU Code Week website and resources.
- Integrate coding, and computational thinking activities in teaching and learning.
- Examine examples of unplugged coding activities in the classroom.
- Discover the benefits of integrating robotics, tinkering and making into lessons.
- Recognize different approaches in the implementation of AI in the classroom.
- Exchange good practices with like-minded colleagues.
- The course is split into four-modules, during which teachers will experiment with new learning materials and challenges, creating at the end of the course their own activity.
EU Code Week Bootcamp at a glance:
- Target audience: pre-primary, primary and secondary school teachers of all subjects and anyone interested in using coding and programming in the classroom.
- Start date: 10 October 2022
- End date: 16 November 2022
- Weekly commitment: 4-5 hours
- Total workload: 17 hours
- Language: English
We look forward to seeing you at the EU Code Week Bootcamp on 10 October!