Google grants 2016
To spread the excitement about Europe Code Week, Google is offering grants (up to 4000 EUR) to organizations who want to run initiatives to give more kids, (aged 5-18) especially those who may not have access to many computer science learning opportunities, a chance to engage with CS.
Application: Please submit this form by August 31, 2016.
This is open to not-for-profit organizations and schools* only. If you have an idea for a fun and innovative initiative to inspire kids about computer science that you would like to run during Europe Code Week, let us know! Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, and must be received by August 31 2016.
**Please note that due to processing times, grants could arrive after Europe Code Week, so you must be in a position to cover costs upfront. **
Criteria for consideration:
- Must be a registered not-for-profit or school (*if school please note this is pending legal approval on both sides)
- Event must take place during or around Europe Code Week (October 15-23, 2016)
- Initiative must target students who are new to computer science, and preference will be given to initiatives that consist of at least 1 hour of hands-on computer science learning activity.
- Funding cannot be used solely for hardware acquisition.
- Preference will be given to projects that reach 100+ students.
- Recipients agree to share follow up metrics information.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing about your projects!